75. Improved Link Building – Moz is always a top-notch source of information, and this article by Cyrus Shepard (a SEO guy to look out for) details some interesting points on SEO copywriting and by default improving your link building tactics.
In this week’s episode of Marketing Smarts, Ian Lurie, CEO of Portent Interactive, and Geoff Livingston, author and marketing strategist, offer unique perspectives on how to rescue marketing from itself. more
Have you been burned for thousands of dollars by a dishonest SEO company? Are you afraid to try a new firm because you don’t know who to trust? Have you been trapped in a contract where you felt treated like a number?
Scott Rayden is the Chief Revenue Officer for 3Q Digital, a Harte Hanks company, and is responsible for leading marketing, sales, and the overall revenue growth of 3Q Digital nationwide. Scott spent the past 7.5 years as the Founder and President of iSearch Media, a leading digital marketing agency focused on consumer behavior, search marketing, analytics, and data visualization. iSearch Media was acquired by 3Q Digital in 2014. Scott brings 14 years of experience in digital marketing, management, M&A, and business development to 3Q Digital. Prior to founding iSearch Media in 2006, Scott worked at Quinstreet and LeadClick Media (acquired by First Advantage for $150MM), two of the largest digital marketing agencies in the country
SEO is a game of time & patience. One have to learn first what to do and what not do and apply the basics carefully. You have to wait for some time to get results. Many thanks for this awesome article for beginners.
176. UX Design for Mobile – Going mobile is not just about adapting your SEO tactics (such as keyword research), but about adapting your site to offer your users an excellent experience. This in-depth course on mobile UX is aimed at web developers, but since it’s free, you may want to go over it just to know what’s expected, and to know what to demand of the mobile devs you’ll be working with. It’s 6-weeks of neatly packed information for beginners in video format, plus exercises to help settle everything you learn.
The navigation of a website is important in helping visitors quickly find the content they want. It can also help search engines understand what content the webmaster thinks is important. Although Google’s search results are provided at a page level, Google also likes to have a sense of what role a page plays in the bigger picture of the site.
SEMRush is the most versatile SEO and PPC tool on the market, as long as you know how to use it. It will help you save a lot of money and time, and show you the perfect opportunities to get marketing results that matter.
My best tactic for 2017 is to blow out LSI keywords to build rich content pages covering a widespread of concepts related to target topics. I call this the “bigfoot strategy” (or creating pages with large keyword footprints).
If you’ve been working with SEO for some time now, you might know about the Google SEO site tools we use to effectively create, manage and or even optimize PPC campaigns. But other than using Google Adwords/Analytics/Editor to effectively manage your campaign, you could use Wordstream instead.
When redesigning your website, bring in an SEO marketer before you invest more time and resources in your site. Many new trendy website designs like parallax scrolling need to tailor to SEO best practices such as pagination.
2. Screaming Frog – I like Screaming Frog for onsite analysis because it’s a bare-bones, reliable and easy to use crawler. It lays out everything about your site on the table in a spreadsheet format. It shows you all of your pages, titles, H1’s, H2’s, title length, meta description length, any duplicates, what those snippets look like in SERPs, info about images, internal links, response codes, and a bunch of other stuff.
Another epic post as always Brian! Backlinko is hands down one of my all-time favorite blogs (of any kind). People always ask me how I learned SEO and online marketing, and I always say it’s through reading blogs like yours, Neil’s, Moz and others.
Link building with guest posts can be a good practice or it can create website spam. There are clear rules that you need to follow, otherwise, you could be setting up your website for disaster. In this article you will learn the subtleties of using guest posts to acquire backlinks and improve your rankings.
3) Search Console (Used to be called Webmaster Tools, Free)This is essential for SEO (for Google anyways). Without it, you just won’t know about crucial technical and punitive measures affecting the ranking of your site.In most cases, this is all you need to do SEO in 2016.
If you want to check info on a huge list of URLs (like Domain Authority, number of backlinks, whois information, social shares and readability), URL Profiler is the best tool on the market to get the job done.
Using traffic, engagement, keywords, audience, and popular pages you can benchmark your website against competitors for effective website analysis. Use similar metrics to monitor industry leaders and analysis, or track reach, engagement, and retention for app analysis.
These tools are really helpful for keyword research, position monitoring, web crawling, and more to help businesses gather SEO data, rank higher, and execute effective digital marketing strategies. Thanks for sharing the tools list.
You can also get search volume data and trends. The main advantage of the keyword planner is that you can get historical statistics and traffic forecast. This tool is designed for Google Advertisers but you can use it to build good SEO for your website.
In addition to giving you insight into the search volume and competition level of keywords, most keyword research tools will also give you detailed information about the average or current estimated CPC for particular keywords are. This is particularly important for businesses with smaller ad budgets and this feature allows you to predict whether certain keywords will be truly beneficial to your ad campaigns or if they’ll cost too much.
Chances are, there are a number of sites that cover topic areas similar to yours. Opening up communication with these sites is usually beneficial. Hot topics in your niche or community could spark additional ideas for content or building a good community resource.
Hi Reid, thanks for sharing your amazing list of seo tools. As Link builders we usually have to open a long list of urls in our browser. So to avoid the hassle I have developed an amazing seo tool – http://quickurlopener.com
Did you know that your content marketing can actually hurt your search engine results in Google? It is true. If you optimize content for the wrong terms, it can results in reducing your rankings for your most important terms. Learn about this process here.
This resource is a practical template aimed at helping content editors to improve how they create and update copy for web pages to improve their ranking in the organic search results of Google and other search engines.
Use a directory structure that organizes your content well and makes it easy for visitors to know where they’re at on your site. Try using your directory structure to indicate the type of content found at that URL.
Moderation is the key here. Google mentioned many times in their documents that internal links should help the users and search engines understand what the page is about. In their examples they always show keyword internal links.
97. Fat Free Guide to SEO Copywriting – See what they did there? They used the keyword “free” to get us to click on the link, except they do charge a symbolic sum to download their content. In all fairness, the price is a mere $1.27, and the booklet does touch on important points of copywriting.