As with all marketing activities, you must measure success to see how well you performed in the past, as well as identify actionable strategies to improve your results in the future. Since B2B search engine marketing is all about attracting targeted traffic, begin by leveraging Web analytics to monitor traffic increases from search, as well as time-on-site, new vs. returning visitor analytics and much more. To make sure the volume of targeted visitors continues to increase, you should also monitor your position or ranking in the search results. On a regular basis, check your position in Google and Bing for your most important keyword phrases to see how well you are trending upward toward a top 10 ranking. if you don’t want to do it manually, check out Pro Rank Tracker for a comprehensive rank tracker and reporting solution. Finally, to measure success of your pay-per-click advertising efforts, harness the measurable nature of the Web to track the cost-per-visit, cost-per-lead, and cost-per-sale for all of your pay-per-click ads.
Online shoppers looking for purchase ideas and inspiration are increasingly using search queries that include terms like “ideas,” “shopping list,” and “brands,” according to recent research from Think With Google. more
This is a very good article and I would like to thank you for sharing it with us, however I’m wondering if you could explain a bit #1. I’m not sure what you could obtain by contacting the authoritative sites and letting them know about the broken link?
You can even report spam and request reconsideration if your site has incurred a penalty. Plus, if you don’t refer to their Webmaster Guidelines now and again, well, you’ve only yourself to blame if you go wrong. A new version of Search Console is due to be rolled out imminently and will include additional functionality such as Index Coverage, Job posting, Search performance and AMP status as well as an updated user interface (finally!).
We often see posts on how to get blog topic ideas or ideas on creating visuals but nobody ever talked about new link building ideas. The ways you showed here some are absolutely unheard to me. You know what I think you should write a post on how to get your own link building ideas…where to start…how to proceed…how do I know it’s full proof…it surely comes with lots of experiments…but the point is starting…….I know sounds weird but I know you will come up with something 🙂
180. PubCon – This is one of the longest-standing digital conferences in the world, with a tradition going all the way back to 2000. It takes place in infamous Las Vegas every year, but don’t let the location fool you – this is as serious as it gets, as high-quality as it gets. With over 130 participating countries, one can be sure to learn the latest from the best, on topics like social media, SEO, digital advertising, and more.
16. Use press releases wisely. Developing a relationship with media covering your industry or your local region can be a great source of exposure, including getting links from trusted media web sites. Distributing releases online can be an effective link building tactic, and opens the door for exposure in news search sites. Related bonus tip: Only issue a release when you have something newsworthy to report. Don’t waste journalists’ time.
Wow! This is awesome! Lots of good tips here. I used to do a lot of SEO but stopped when the latest update came out. I’m getting back into the SEO game so this post definitely help out a bunch! Appreciate you for sharing this! Keep it up!
Matthew you are very good and give anyone learning seo a lot of very helpfull info. You are my No1 for seo. I am going to email you now, but jst wanted to leave a comment saying this is a list i have wanted for a while now.
In order for the above tips to work you need first and foremost to have good content on your web site. Content is still king and a web site with good, original, quality content can do better in the long run (with or without SEO) than a web site optimized in SEO but with not so good content.
19. Syndicate your press releases. Send out a press release locally or nationally when you create a new product or service and link to yourself in it. Here is a nice list of some popular ways to syndicate your press releases.
The Search Engine Land Landy awards offers coveted awards to SEO consultants and SEO agencies, one of those being, Search Marketer of the Year. In 2017, John Lincoln has been named a finalist for the Search Marketer of the Year in the male category. This is due to submitting over 28 positive case studies, creating a movie on search engine optimization and growing Ignite Visibility to over 150 clients.
That being said, it is tough to measure just how accurate these are when compared to one another. If you are unsure about any of them, I would alternatively suggest a premium Grammarly account, which appears to have a great reputation among publishers.
It helps you find out how the website appears to Google when opened on mobile devices. It also provides a deeper insight into the possible mobile usability problems faced by the site including smaller font size or the use of flash. Above all, it is easy to use. All you need to do is enter the URL you want to test, and it will provide an in-depth report once done.
3. Google Analytics – keyword trackers are great, but at the end of the day all I care about is REAL traffic from organic search – and converting that traffic into leads and sales. Google Analytics tells me a lot about how a campaign is really doing and it’s having a positive effect on my client’s business!
Now that we know your most important keywords throughout the buyer’s journey, let’s put them to work. You need to make sure your Website content is optimized to take advantage of these important phrases. Begin with your Website copy – the information people can read on your Website. Make sure you skillfully write your Website copy to effectively market your company, while using your important keyword phrases in a relevant fashion. Next, focus on your Website structure – the code under the hood of your Website that search engines see when they visit your Website. Use your keyword phrases relevantly in page title tags, heading tags, file names, alt tags and meta tags. Please note: while the ‘keywords’ meta tag has been exploited over the years, the ‘description’ meta tag is very important. This description will show up in the search results below your link, providing a great opportunity for you to entice the searcher to click through to your Website.
Make sure that your content delivers what promised in the title. If for example your title is “How to lose 15 pounds of fat” make sure that your post provides an accurate description (or steps) that someone can follow to achieve the desired result.
Because search engine marketing puts you directly in front of users who are actively searching for what you have to offer, SEM can be a great investment for your business. Outranking every organic result your low-funnel potential customers see is an enormous advantage, even if you do have to pay for every click.
130. Keyword Discovery – This is another nifty little tool that allows you to find search terms for your site. What I find nice about it is that it somehow manages to give you, as you’ll find described on the site, both generic and long-tail keyword, that are somehow gathered from some 200 search engines from all over the world. In its free version, the Keyword Discovery tools offers hundreds of search terms, and search trends for the last 12 months. If you get the paid version, you’ll get up to 10,000 search terms per query, and a complete 12-month trend history.
10. Open up a PPC account. Whether it’s Google’s AdWords, Microsoft adCenter or something else, this is a great way to get actual search volume for your keywords. Yes, it costs money, but if you have the budget it’s worth the investment. It’s also the solution if you didn’t like the “Be patient” suggestion above and are looking for instant visibility.
Meta descriptions don’t carry as much value as they used to, but they still have an important role for SEO. Each of your posts should have a unique title and meta description. Make sure all are unique and you don’t have any duplicate ones.
Google Analytics goes beyond pure traffic metrics as you can slice the data in a hundred ways and it also tracks conversions – meaning you not only know how much traffic you get from the different tactics, but you also know whether you attract the right traffic.
While images aren’t as big of a referral source in Google as they used to be, having unique images on your site is valuable, Shepard says. “The same image can show up in hundreds of places around the Web, but having unique content around those images is what makes it stand out. I’m not opposed to using stock images to illustrate a point, but any time you can create something that’s custom or use unique photography, that will pay off more in the long run.”
URL Structure: Another important aspect of on-page optimization is your URL structure. Humanized URLs often perform better in search results, as this can help the user understand what the webpage in question is about. Using a keyword in your URLs can also benefit your SEO strategy.
Nice Information. It’s Really helpful to me to get ranked in Google 1st position. I have found some more tools from my end ..Please go through it. http://crbtech.in/SEO/101-best-seo-tools-the-complete-list-of-useful-tools-in-2017/
I for some reason never thought to use scoop.it for that kind of outreach (just content promo). But it makes perfect sense. And because scoop.it is probably a bit more lively than Delicious these days I imagine it works even better.
Having a meta description won’t necessarily improve your ranking on the SERP, but it is something you should definitely use before publishing an article as it can help increase your chances of a searcher clicking on your result.
Cool Feature: “Keyword Kombat” uncover keywords that a few of your competitor’s rank for. If those sites have similar authority to you, then it stands to reason that you can leapfrog all of them with some amazing content and building.
Most search engines have an ad platform for search engine marketing. The most well-known (and effective) platform to use is Google AdWords. Bing Ads and Yahoo Search Ads are also both SEM platforms that you can use.
At Ignite Visibility, we’re proud of the fact that we were named the #1 SEO company in the United States, United Kingdom, and Canada by Clutch.co. We were also named the #1 SEO company in California for three years in a row.
I’m going to go away and actually do some of these things. 🙂 (although I’m not so sure the 2,000 word tip works well for all sites- 2,000 words is university essay length & I’ve personally found that there’s a much higher bounce rate on scary looking long articles. Then again, i run a politics website)
Over The Top SEO LTD also known as O.T.T is an international Full Service Digital Marketing Company that specializes in Search Engine Optimization (SEO),Online Reputation Management (ORM), Lead Generation, Unique & Advanced Marketing Techniques and …..