But, non-SEO people can not do that things which a professional can do. I appreciate your post but after all if someone is looking for a seo for his website he will have to get done his seo work from seo professional.
Meta descriptions work similarly to the title in that you should use keywords to help the search engine bots interpret what your page is about, but ultimately, this small description is for the searchers.
45. ClickMinded – For most folks, the easiest way to learn something is by taking a very neat and organized approach, and that’s where courses like the one offered by Click Minded come in. This SEO learning course takes you through all the steps you need to learn in order to apply optimization techniques correctly, from search fundamentals all the way to mobile SEO and internationalization. You must pay for access to the full course, but the first four modules are free, so you can check it out and see how it suits you before buying. You also get a team discount if you want to purchase it for your company. Moreover, Click Minded has been offering the course for free to refugees on US soil – a laudable attitude that you can learn more about here.
Link text is the visible text inside a link. This text tells users and Google something about the page you’re linking to. Links on your page may be internal—pointing to other pages on your site—or external—leading to content on other sites. In either of these cases, the better your anchor text is, the easier it is for users to navigate and for Google to understand what the page you’re linking to is about.
61. Hubspot’s A Beginner Guide – This article by Hubspot (written by Rachel Sprung) is quite insightful and provides fundamental knowledge on researching keywords. It is very nicely completed by another Hubspot article, Keyword Research 101, written by Samantha Winchell. The latter article however, focuses on alternatives for research and presents you with resources and methods.
MixMax – Outreach is going to be an important part of that – whether it’s outreach for blog articles, link backs, etc., and MixMax makes it easy to track who has opened my emails, and follow up with them if they haven’t responded.
According to Ahrefs research, the most important factor for an optimized website is site layout and architecture, which contains well-researched and relevant keywords with proper title tags, meta descriptions, header tags and vice-versa.
I have to start managing my stress. I’ve gained over 50 pounds and will be 50 years old before I know it. My youngest daughter went from being born to seven in a blink. I’m in menopause and hormonal, my poor husband, need I say more? TMI? Too bad, LOL! This is my website and I can say whatever I want! Bottom line, I’m at a tipping point and need a break before I break.
Google Images is a variation of Google Search, only they return image URLs instead of web page URLs. In terms of Search Engine Optimization, Google Images can provide a huge amount of relevant traffic to your website if you follow five basic rules:
“Organic” search engine marketing (organic search listings) combines the best practices of creativity, technology, usability, copy, and online promotion / PR. This is because many search engines base their relevancy algorithms on a combination of the text they see on a page, site, video, or image and combine the content information with external elements such as links and user behaviors/preferences demonstrated over time for a domain, content source, or specific content element.
3. Ask a lot of questions when hiring an SEO company. It’s your job to know what kind of tactics the company uses. Ask for specifics. Ask if there are any risks involved. Then get online yourself and do your own research—about the company, about the tactics they discussed, and so forth.
Nice list Kevan. As their US Ambassador it would be remiss of me not to let you know http://www.majesticseo.com offers free backlink analysis of sites you own including assigning citation, trust and topical flow metrics at a granular level. If you’re not aware of them let me know and I can take you through the platform one day soon.
There are many agencies who will offer thousands of backlinks for minimal investment. Unfortunately SEO doesn’t work like that anymore. Our solution is different – it’s targeted, niche, and effective at ranking your website long-term.
When Google rolled out the Hummingbird algorithm a few years ago, they started taking related keywords into account for rankings for head terms. So if you optimize for [red oranges], listing out other fruits and colors would help your optimization for your main keyword.
54. Ecommerce SEO 101 – These video lessons introduce you to aspects of running an online store, but focus on broader SEO topics as well. For instance, you can learn some SEO fundamentals, gain insight on how Google ranks websites, how to target the right keywords for your business, or how to steer clear of Google penalties.
“My favourite one is Google Analytics. Nothing comes close to the data you get from Google. It gets even better if you connect it with your Google Search Console account. You get to see how your website is performing, see the click through rate and page impressions.
Screaming Frog – this tool will provide SEO’s with an overview of all server response codes, redirect chains, meta data and word count on every page of a site. This is often the tool I use first in any SEO project to collect data as part of an initial technical audit
Though I feel the list is pretty great, I guess, we can add up a tool that tracks all the SEO Efforts as well. Just started off with ViduPM (https://vidupm.com/ ) and yep, that helps just fine. Do check that out, if possible.
138. Google+ Link Builders – This is a nice Google+ community that’s passionate about link building. They discuss new ideas, test link building techniques and share their results, or ask for advice from other link builders. Participate in the discussions, or simply check out their posts; browse the categories for link building tips, best practices, news and more.
You can then pass this information on to the owner of the site and start a real, honest, truthful discussion about how you can help them improve their SEO. If you’re a Freelance SEO looking to grow your client base, this extension is invaluable to you.
Correctly predicting the future moves of your opponent in chess is essential for victory. The same can be said for marketers in their industry. Knowing where your market is heading gives marketers a huge advantage. Here, Google Trends can lend you a helping hand.
Crawlers are largely a separate product category. There is some overlap with the self-service keyword tools (Ahrefs, for instance, does both), but crawling is another important piece of the puzzle. We tested several tools with these capabilities either as their express purpose or as features within a larger platform. Ahrefs, DeepCrawl, Majestic, and LinkResearchTools are all primarily focused on crawling and backlink tracking. Moz Pro, SpyFu, SEMrush, and AWR Cloud all include domain crawling or backlink tracking features as part of their SEO arsenals.
Both SEO and SEM should be fundamental parts of your online marketing strategy. SEO is a way to drive evergreen traffic at the top of the funnel, while search engine advertisements are a highly cost-effective way to drive conversions at the bottom of the funnel.